The garden has become an extremely popular location for couples to have their wedding day photographs captured in an idyllic, flower-rich setting.
While there is no specific fee for the use of the garden in this way, it has become customary for a suggested donation of £25 to be made towards the garden’s upkeep.
We do request that you consider other users of the garden and ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- We offer a warm welcome to wedding parties and extend our very best wishes to you, the bride and groom, for a happy future together;
- This garden is a managed and run entirely by volunteers;
- May we ask you to help us in ensuring it is treated with respect as the treasure it has come to be known.
- Please confine wedding groups to immediate family only – we’re just not big enough to accommodate very large numbers of guests;
- To avoid possible accidents with broken glass we ask that only the bride and groom bring champagne glasses into the garden and remember to take them away with them;
- Please don’t use confetti – it’s so very difficult to clean up afterwards, and please try not to smoke – there are no ashtrays;
- We rely entirely on donations to fund our maintenance and other costs. We would therefore be very grateful for any donation you feel able to make but an amount of about £25 would be much appreciated for the privilege of using this very special space to enhance your pictures.
- Enjoy your memorable day. If you or your guests would like to join our Trust, there are some membership forms in the rack on the lectern. There is much to delight.